Certificate For Not For Profit Incorporation
Quantum Paranormal Research
- Intelligent haunting - These hauntings seemingly involve activity and communication with "thinking" spirits.
- Residual haunting - These hauntings are usually caused by residual energy that replays itself like a historical recording. There is no conscious interaction between the spirits involved and their human observers.
- Inhuman haunting - These hauntings are typically attributed to demons and elemental/nonhuman spirits. Basically those that have never walked the earth as a human.
- Poltergeist - Poltergeist literally means "noisy ghost". Studies indicate that a living person, the poltergeist agent, is typically involved simultaneously in another stress-inducing situation such as puberty or menopause.
- Shadows - Dark masses that suddenly appear and disappear.
- Orbs - Balls of light that appear to travel on their own.
Orbs - Balls of light that appear to travel on their own. There is an ongoing debate among ghost hunters and paranormal investigators about the validity of orbs as paranormal evidence. Orbs are anomalous spots that sometimes show up in photographs. Most are white, some are multicolored; some look solid, others appear textured.
Many ghost hunters believe they are evidence of ghosts - that they are some kind of spirit or psychic energy manifesting as these glowing balls of light. A growing number of researchers, however, are concluding that orbs are nothing more than dust particles illuminated by the camera flash. Actually, researchers will usually say that "most" such orbs are the result of dust, being reluctant to say that "all" are dust, leaving room for the possibility of a paranormal explanation. Countless experiments have now been conducted showing that dusty areas do produce orbs in flash photographs. Small insects, rain, snow, pollen and other airborne particulates can also produce them. These experiments were designed to show that these airborne elements can be the cause of orbs and may not necessarily be ghost phenomena.
So at this point we are willing to dismiss all orb photos as non-paranormal anomalies. There seems to be no compelling reason to consider them as anything but dust and such. There are much more interesting areas of ghost research to occupy our time and resources.
Let's not waste any more speculation on orbs. Enough already.
- Apparitions - Flimy body shapes, with or without details.
- Angels, Demons, and others - Good and evil spirits respectively as well as elemental beings that fit into no othercategory.
- Clairvoyance - The supernatural ability to gain knowledge about people, places, and events.
- Precognition - A branch of clairvoyance that involves receiving information specifically about the future.
- Telepathy - The transfer of information between people without using any of the five known human senses.
- Psychokinesis (aka Telekinesis) - The ability to move objects solely through the power of the mind.
- Mediumship - The ability to communicate with departed spirits.
- Astral projection - Also referred to as out-of-body travel where the soul exits the body to return at will without causing death.